Become a member of our community to get free access to premium thought leadership from business leaders like these.
HotTopics.ht and HPE are delighted to announce the winners of the Global CIO 100 2022.
The list presents those technology leaders globally who have demonstrated excellence, resilience and innovation within the CIO community. And it features technology leaders from all over the world, with equality in mind: there is an even split between male and female technologists.
The role and purpose of the CIO is under yet another evolution. Technology—and its vast ecosystem of tools, solutions, services, capabilities and terms—is now the centerpiece of business. The CIO has had to rise to meet the demands of the business and its expectations of what can be achieved; this dynamic has thrusted the CIO and indeed the whole technology function into a business-leading role. The CIO 100 2022 contains many technology leaders who themselves also have experience as CEOs, COOs and CFOs. It speaks volumes that those same people are now award-winning CIOs. Assessing the CIO 100 2022 also allows us to understand the 100 businesses making the best use of technology, people and business structure precisely because those three tenets now fall increasingly under the jurisdiction of the CIO.
As with every year, it is also important to frame the relevance of the CIO in references that go beyond traditional perceptions. These 100 CIOs are from all around the world as the distribution of technology, innovation, sector-specific work and leadership is democratized. And of course female technology leaders make up 50 percent of the final list as it is vital we as an industry keep up the momentum of driving for a more diverse technology and innovation sector, with the aim of creating a more inclusive—and more innovative—environment.
To help HotTopics.ht and HPE define the CIO 100 2022 from our communities’ nominations, we are grateful to count as our official Judges:
- Christina Scott, CPO & CTO, Ovo Energy
- Madhuri Andrews, EVP Chief Digital & Information Officer, Jacobs
- Supriya Rao Patwardhan, EVP, DHL
- Walkiria Marchetti, CIO, Banco Bradesco
- Katja Hartert, Partner, Odgers Berndston
Defining the CIO 100 2022
They spent time carefully considering the wealth of talent collected during the official nomination process by factoring in the following details:
- Currently a Head of, VP, SVP, or similar, leading a team within the technology function with a national, international or global team.
- Demonstrated proactive leadership, combining business acumen with innovative strategies in creative or unique ways.
- Emerging thought leader and/or public speaker, sharing the value of innovative capabilities to a wider audience.
- Championing innovation to further or build positive impact solutions, sustainable practices and a more inclusive working environment.
May we offer our congratulations to the CIO 100 2022 for their placement and our thanks to our Judges who worked hard curating such a fantastic list of CIOs, and to our partner HPE.
To speak alongside these winners and other members of HotTopics.ht’s technology leadership community on roundtable debates and peer-to-peer networking, register to Speak at The Studio, on March 16th.